Modified Agile for Hardware Development
Agile for physical products requires modification of software agile methods to meet the more constrained characteristics of hardware development. The table below summarizes the differences between the Modified Agile for Hardware Development (MAHD) Framework and the common Scrum-based software agile process. The primary differences are how projects get initiated and the use of two levels of iterations to drive key prototype and other development milestones.
Benefits of Agile for Hardware
- Faster project kickoff (days vs. months)
- Faster learning with continuous customer feedback
- Focused, collaborative teamwork
- Real, demonstrated progress Vs. Gantt updates
- Reduced waste and faster development times